Prop trading is increasing in popularity as more and more aspiring traders are trying to pass prop firm challenges in order to qualify for a funded account. If you are one of them, you are going to need a convenient trading platform which gives you quick and easy access to the markets, along with all of the trading tools that you need to make informed decision. This is why you might want to consider prop firms that use TradingView.
Topstep have an excellent choice including some of the best trading platforms in the industry for both new and professional traders. This includes the sophisticated NinjaTrader platform and very popular TradingView charting package. However, they do not have MetaTrader platforms which might be a disappointment for those who are already familiar with those platforms. If that is the case, you might want to consider FTMO instead, as they have both MT4 and MT5.
- Not much capital needed to start
- Account reset option available
- Free 14-day trial to enter program
- Excellent choice of professional trading platforms
- Keep up to 90% profits with a 50% account balance withdrawal available
- A real focus on improving trading skills via the Trading Combine program
- Great range of educational resources, community access, coaching and live webinars
- Quick evaluation process. Step 1 can be completed in just five trading days, and Step 2 no longer has a minimum days requirement
- Respected prop firm with many years in the business and millions of dollars of trader withdrawals
- No forex trading
- No MetaTrader platforms
- Very complicated account options and trading conditions
- No weekend positions
- Futures instruments only
- Withdrawals are limited to ACH or international bank wire transfers
- Higher monthly fixed costs because of exchange data fees
- Quite strict rules to follow
You can trade with Lux Trading Firm on an excellent choice of trading platforms, including the industry standard MetaTrader 4 platform and the popular TradingView charting software. They also have the multi-asset TraderEvolution for those of you who might already be familiar with that platform.
- Trade up to $10 million
- Large increase in capital every time you advance
- Quick scaling plan
- No time limit on profit target
- Flexible trading conditions
- Overnight trading and weekend holding allowed
- News trading allowed
- Expert advisors accepted
- Lots of tradable assets
- Realistic profit targets
- Excellent choice of trading platforms
- Tight spreads, low fees and fast execution
- 100% refundable fee
- 5% maximum relative drawdown
- 75% profit share low compared to competitors
- No MetaTrader 5 platform
- Maximum 1:10 leverage
You can trade with Funded Trading Plus on the industry standard MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platforms via Eightcap. This is a huge plus when you consider that Eightcap is a well-respected and regulated trading broker. You can also use the excellent TradingView charting software for comprehensive market analysis.
- No minimum / maximum time limits
- Get funded and receive a payout within 3 days
- Live account funds are real, not demo
- Have rules which are simple, fair and easy to follow
- Have specialist programs designed by professional traders
- Enable you to scale up to $2,500,000
- Allow you to withdraw your profits weekly
- Generous profit share up to 90%
- No restrictions on your trading strategies
- Automated trading, news trading, weekend trading and holding overnight allowed
- Do not have consistency rules
- Integrates with TradingView
- MetaTrader 4/5 platforms
- Use reputable Eightcap broker
- A large choice of trading instruments (forex pairs, commodities, indices, cryptocurrencies)
- No free trial
- Max relative drawdown rule
- Drawdown rules are complicated
- Stop loss is mandatory on the advanced trader program
- Leverage restricted to 1:30
ForexPropFirm.Com has a fantastic choice of trading platforms including MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5 and TradingView. These are some of the best trading platforms in the industry with powerful charting packages that enable you to conduct in-depth market analysis using thousands of technical indicators. You can customise the interfaces according to your own preferences and build trading strategies as simple or complex as you need them to be.
- Have simple and fair rules
- Enable you to scale up to $10,000,000
- Let you withdraw profits bi-monthly
- Very good trading conditions
- Great choice of financial instruments
- Range of different programs to choose from
- Not too restrictive on your trading strategies
- Earn 5% profit from the beginning
- High profit share from 90-100%
- Partner with reputable Eightcap broker
- Choice of top trading platforms
- Expert advisors (EAs), news trading, scalping and weekend holding allowed
- Quite tough overall drawdown limits
- Maximum 1:10 leverage on a funded account
- Maximum risk per asset applies
- No free trials
- Non-refundable fee
- 80% profit share (100% first 5% profits)
- Scaling plan up to $1,000,000
- Achievable 8% profit target
- No minimum or maximum days
- Partner with regulated broker Eightcap
- Good selection of trading instruments including forex, stocks, indices, commodities and cryptocurrency
- One-step evaluation process
- Low practical assessment fee
- MT4, MT5 and TradingView platforms
- Excellent educational content
- Expert advisors, scalping and hedging allowed
- Weekend holding, news trading and overnight trading allowed
- Leverage restricted to 1:10
- 45% minimum win rate
- Increased fee to reset account
- No free retry
- No trials
TradingView is one of the most popular charting platforms and social trading communities. It has powerful charts and analytical tools which make it ideal for developing trading strategies to spot buy and sell signals on all of your favourite financial instruments, including forex, stocks, commodities and cryptocurrencies. The platform is user-friendly and fully customizable, making it suitable for traders of all experience levels and with different types of trading strategies.
TradingView is free to use in the Basic Plan, which includes access to all basic functionalities. The paid plans are ad-free, support more time-frames and trading indicators and unlock access to more functionalities. Each paid plan comes with a 30-day free trial. Some of the best prop firms with TradingView will give you free access to a paid plan.
Social trading community
Join the largest online investing community with over 15.5 million active members, 6 million trade ideas, and 34 million user-generated charts. See the ideas of other users and monitor their development, or post your own ideas to attract support. Real-time market discussions with other traders.
By using watchlists to track your preferred markets, you’ll never miss a trade opportunity. Create unique alerts based on price movements, technical indicators, methods, or even drawings for any sort of market event. Keep track of data releases that might impact the market by using the integrated economic calendar.
Discover and test strategies
See indicator summaries, which combine signals from a large number of indicators to give a clear indication of whether to buy or sell. Create your own unique filters and screen trading instruments. Test trade tactics in the past, adopt others’ ideas, or create your own plans and display them on your charts.
Drag and drop the sites of commerce entrance and exit. To do top-down technical analysis, open many charts. Hundreds of chart types and indicators are available. Discover unique indicators created by the community or create your own using the robust Pine Script language.
Create indicators on indicators, overlay and compare other instruments, apply volume profiles, or automatically identify and draw candlestick patterns or Fibonacci retracements. Measure Fibonacci retracements and patterns, Elliott waves, or just price ranges using a wide variety of sketching tools.
MetaTrader is still undoubtably one of the top trading platforms for proprietary firms. Many of them will provide either the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) or MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platform. However, TradingView is considered the superior platform by some modern traders. Either way, both platforms are excellent for analysing the financial markets, placing and managing trades.
Since prop firms started providing TradingView, they have had inquiries from relatively new traders asking if it makes sense to only use TradingView and avoid using MetaTrader 4 or 5. As you are the trader, you should be the one to decide which platform is best for your needs.
- Variety of charting tools and trading ideas
- Basic option free to use
- Large number of global markets and assets
- Stocks, forex and crypto screeners
- Robust investing community
- Powerful charting tools
- Extensive educational resources
- Backtest trading strategies and demo trade to practice
- Limitations for the free version
- Not many TradingView prop firms
- Not compatible with all brokers
If you are looking for a prop firm that uses TradingView, then your options will be limited compared to prop firms that use MetaTrader. However, you could always still use TradingView for your charting and market analysis, then place trades on another platform provided by your prop firm, such as MetaTrader. In the coming years, there should be many more prop firms that use TradingView as it is becoming the leading trading platform for traders of all experience levels.