With proprietary trading becoming more and more popular in recent years, there are plenty of prop firms to choose from. One of the key things that will help you make a decision is the trading platform that they offer. If you are a cTrader user, then you will probably want to consider prop firms that use cTrader. This will save you needing to learn a new platform from scratch and enable you to continue using your own trading strategy. This can be vital if you are going to successfully pass a prop firm challenge and get a funded account at the end of it.
With MT4, MT5, and cTrader accounts, which are all powered by data feeds directly from a pool of premier liquidity providers, FTMO give the greatest trading conditions to all of their clients. With extremely cheap commissions, no mark-up, and super-raw spreads on all demo trading accounts, they try their best to replicate the actual market conditions.
- One-time fee only (no recurrent charges or other fees)
- No limits or restrictions on your trading style
- Choice of platforms (MT4, MT5, cTrader)
- Access to some handy trading apps designed to help you with risk management and profit maximization
- Trade Forex, Commodities, Indices, Crypto, Stocks, Bonds
- No limits on the volume traded (lot size)
- Leverage up to 1:100
- FTMO’s scaling plan allows their most skilled traders access to up to $2 million of trading capital
- A thorough account analysis for every account
- The fee will be reimbursed to you with the first Profit Split
- Customer Support in 17 languages
- The most trusted and reputable Prop Trading Firm in the industry
- So many traders have used FTMO over the years that there is an incredible amount of trader-generated resources available, including lots of great advice on how to pass the FTMO Challenge
- Strict requirements for the test period
- Steep 10% profit target for the first step of the FTMO evaluation, however, it eventually drops to 5% for the second verification stage
- FTMO keeps all traders on demo accounts, even those that have passed the FTMO Challenge and become fully funded
- In order to receive a funded account, traders must first pass the FTMO Challenge, followed by a verification stage
Alphachain Traders utilise the powerful cTrader, a market-dominating professional trading platform with cutting-edge trading capabilities including partial deal closes, multiple take profit levels, and many other features. Moreover, cTrader offers a simple and eye-catching user interface suitable for traders of all experience levels.
- Scale up to $1,280,000
- Excellent trading courses
- Suitable for traders of all experience levels
- Professional trading platforms
- Good trading conditions
- Vast array of financial instruments
- Instant funding accounts
- Get funded in 24 hours
- CPD accredited training
- They cover the risks
- Top notch support
- Leverage up to 1:100
- Expensive programs
- 50% profit share below industry average
- Weekend holding and news trading not allowed
- Minimum 30 trading days
- No free trials
You can trade on the MetaTrader and cTrader platforms with FX Expert Funded. These are the industry standard trading platforms that are used by millions of retail forex traders around the globe. Whatever your trading style, you can trade manually and run automated trading strategies in MetaTrader. There are plenty of free and paid trading tools to analyse the FX market and make informed trade decisions.
- Instant funded accounts
- Achievable profit targets of 5-10%
- Flexible trading conditions
- MT4, MT5 and cTrader platforms
- Good range of forex currency pairs
- Forex trading courses available
- Around the clock support
- Trading competitions
- Competitive scaling plan
- 50/50 profit share not the highest
- Mixed online reviews
- Maximum leverage is 1:30
- No free trial
cTrader is a complete trading platform solution for retail and professional traders. The platform is packed with a full range of features to cater to each and every investment preference imaginable. You can use cTrader for manual and automated trading across various financial markets, including forex, stocks, commodities, indices and cryptocurrencies. The cTrader platform is user-friendly enough to be suitable for beginners, whilst packing a big enough punch for even the most demanding of traders. Whatever your trading strategy and plan, cTrader can bring it to life.
Leading multi-asset Forex and CFD trading platform cTrader provides complex order types, level II pricing, comprehensive charting tools, and quick entry and execution. It has a gorgeous user interface, is linked to the most cutting-edge backend technology, and is made available across a variety of devices.
Anybody may sign up to be a Strategy Provider on cTrader Copy and advertise their trading method in exchange for a commission or fee. Other traders may go over the available methods, duplicate them, and enjoy risk-free investment. Traders can also apply their own risk management preferences.
With the help of the strong and user-friendly cTrader Automate solution, traders may create algorithmic trading robots to automate their trading tactics. Traders may create code in the integrated development environment, test and refine their robots and custom indicators, and more using cTrader’s cutting-edge C# API.
cTrader Open API
Use the Open API of cTrader to create your own applications. It is a universally available, safe, and free API. The proven technologies of cTrader may be used by developers to create online, mobile, or desktop applications that can connect to any cTrader account and execute trades with it.
cTrader FIX API
Any trader who has a cTrader account has access to the industry-standard FIX API trading interface. There are no fees, obligations, or administrative hassles associated with access. FIX API rules of engagement have been devised primarily for the requirements of retail traders, and have been further enhanced to allow trading using Hedging Accounts.
Any popular browser may quickly and easily access all cTrader features using cTrader Online. Users of Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems can access cTrader using the solution, which is available without installation.
On their mobile device, traders may download the native cTrader app from the iTunes Store or Google Play Store. These versions support effective on-the-go trading and analysis from any location in the globe and are tailored for tablet screens.
One of the first decisions that new traders in particular have to face is choosing which trading platform to use to enter the market. This can depend on numerous factors including your trading style and the platforms that your chosen prop firm provides. Whilst the MetaTrader 4/5 platforms remain the most common platforms you will find with most proprietary trading firms, cTrader is another popular option.
The comparison of trading platforms may be done from a variety of angles, with varying degrees of success. This is perfectly acceptable because each trader has various needs depending on their style of trading. For traders who have been trading for some time, picking MetaTrader as a trading platform is a no-brainer simply because it has been with them since the beginning.
Nevertheless, the new generation of traders may not appreciate its interface and controls. They will then make a rational decision, such as selecting cTrader or another cutting-edge trading platform. Truth be told, both of these trading platforms have plenty of trading tools and features to make informed trading decisions.
No other trading platform is likely to unseat the MetaTrader trading platform from its position as one of the most well-liked trading platforms available. After all, it stood at the beginning of retail trading as we know it today as well as the trading careers of the majority of seasoned traders, who went on to train the less experienced ones.
Whatever the case, the fact that this platform was founded in 2004 is still a fact, which is sometimes apparent in its old graphic style or less-than-intuitive functions. Last but not least, it is also important to note that MetaQuotes has stopped publishing fresh versions of MT4 as of 2021, which means that this platform is no longer developed and has reached a standstill. However, MT5 is still going strong.
The much more recent cTrader from Spotware is a dynamic platform, according to its makers, who say that every new version is based on customer input. As a result, it is a contemporary, quick, and user-friendly platform that will particularly appeal to all novice traders who haven’t had a chance to get acquainted to the well-liked MetaTrader.
- User-friendly trading interface
- Powerful charting package
- Professional trading tools
- Excellent market analysis
- Supports manual and automated trading strategies
- Fully customisable interface
- Easy to navigate between tabs and features
- Supports more than 20 languages
- Accessible from any device – mobile, computer, laptop, or a tablet
- Not the best platform for automated trading
- Not many cTrader prop firms to choose from
- Not compatible with many brokers
There aren’t that many prop firms with cTrader, but that is probably because it is not as popular as alternative trading platforms such as TradingView and MetaTrader. However, that does not mean that cTrader is not as good, quite the opposite. The cTrader platform is considered one of the best trading platforms for professional traders who might feel restricted by other retail platforms that have been developed to cater to new traders. If you want to take your trading to the next level or if you are already familiar with the cTrader platform, then a prop firm that uses cTrader is a great option to consider.