Proprietary trading has grown in popularity over recent years, primarily due to the ease of access to the financial markets that online trading brokers and prop firms have provided to aspiring prop traders across the globe. Whatever your prior trading experience, a prop trading firm can give you the chance to trade their capital for a large share of the profits. If you plan on holding position for at least a few days, then you might want to consider a prop firm for swing trading.
You need to pass the 2-step assessment exam that all FTMO traders must complete if you’re interested in swing trading with one of the top prop trading firms out there. Once finished, you may select the FTMO Account Swing and benefit from its benefits.
The benefits include, but are not limited to, the freedom to trade during news events or new releases and the ability to trade in any manner. Although the swing account has less leverage than the ordinary one (1:30 as opposed to 1:100 on the regular account), swing traders shouldn’t find this to be a major inconvenience.
This is due to the fact that swing traders’ stop losses are already large and that the majority of transactions have high risk-to-reward ratios to offset the few trades and greater capital required.
A standard account will cost you between €155 (refundable) for a trading balance of $10,000 and €1,080 for $200,000 in fees. During the assessment period, you require a minimum of 10 trading days overall, an 80% profit share that may increase to 90%, and monthly payouts.
A free trial is offered to assist you if you are having trouble deciding. Swing traders may find it challenging since they place trades less frequently due to the 10 minimum trading days, but many are finding ways to make it work, so give it a shot if you believe you can.
- One-time fee only (no recurrent charges or other fees)
- No limits or restrictions on your trading style
- Choice of platforms (MT4, MT5, cTrader)
- Access to some handy trading apps designed to help you with risk management and profit maximization
- Trade Forex, Commodities, Indices, Crypto, Stocks, Bonds
- No limits on the volume traded (lot size)
- Leverage up to 1:100
- FTMO’s scaling plan allows their most skilled traders access to up to $2 million of trading capital
- A thorough account analysis for every account
- The fee will be reimbursed to you with the first Profit Split
- Customer Support in 17 languages
- The most trusted and reputable Prop Trading Firm in the industry
- So many traders have used FTMO over the years that there is an incredible amount of trader-generated resources available, including lots of great advice on how to pass the FTMO Challenge
- Strict requirements for the test period
- Steep 10% profit target for the first step of the FTMO evaluation, however, it eventually drops to 5% for the second verification stage
- FTMO keeps all traders on demo accounts, even those that have passed the FTMO Challenge and become fully funded
- In order to receive a funded account, traders must first pass the FTMO Challenge, followed by a verification stage
The 5%ers were formerly one of the few forex prop businesses to supply funding for swing traders. The platform’s ability to hold currency and gold deals overnight, over the weekend, as well as trade news events will please swing traders. You may also utilise any algorithms that you may have access to or have built. The5%ers will double your money up to $4 million if you simply maintain meeting the profit objectives (10%).
The instant funding model offers two risk levels: low risk (1:10 leverage, required stop losses, 180 days to reach profit objective) and aggressive (1:30 leverage, no needed stop losses, 60 days to reach profit target).
Each of them starts with a €235 non-refundable cost for $6,000 in immediate investment, which increases by 4 times after you hit your profit goals within the allotted time. For $20,000 in quick funding that is equally 4x-ed, the maximum funding plan costs you €745. At 50%, the payment split is on the modest side.
You can select the boot camp model for a larger payout percentage (up to 100%). You must successfully complete a three-stage challenge with a 6% profit objective and a 5% maximum loss in less than a year. Only 1:10 leverage is permitted.
To participate in this challenge, you must pay a non-refundable fee of €85. If you pass the evaluation, you must pay an additional fee of €215 to have access to a funded account with a starting balance of $100,000 and a maximum of $4 million.
- Instant funding in real accounts
- Frequent payouts and growth simultaneously
- Exceptional trading conditions
- Traders community
- All trading strategies are welcome
- Very fast growth plan
- No time pressure on the funded trader program
- One time fee with no ongoing costs
- Trading resources and tools
- Excellent MetaTrader 5 platform
- Scale up to $4M
- News trading and EA allowed
- Overnight and Weekend holding allowed
- Multiple accounts allowed
- Limited leverage options – 1:6 for low-risk accounts and 1:30 for aggressive accounts
- 2% Max stop loss risk limit on low-risk and $100k Bootcamp account types
- No MetaTrader 4 platform
- Could add some more trading instruments such as cryptos
- Not the largest profit share of 50%
- No free trial
Each trader who wants to begin trading with The Funded Trader must succeed in their trading challenge, which is a 2-phaser that is accepted throughout the industry. Once you complete the challenge, the price you paid will be returned.
With a $50,000 trading balance, you may select between the basic challenge, which costs $315, the quick challenge, which costs $299, and the royal challenge, which has less trading limits and costs $289 for $50,000.
Weekend holding is permitted while using a swing trading account, but not with a normal account. Nonetheless, you must choose the strategy that suits you the most. Swing traders should be relieved that the quick challenge’s leverage is lower—30x as opposed to 60x in the conventional challenge—and that there are no minimum trading days.
The royal challenge offers 200x leverage and a minimum of 5 trading days; this plan is mostly for traders who depend on professional advise trading and are more self-assured in their abilities. The profit share can be increased from 80% to 90% if the trading challenge is over and profit goals are met.
If you are a swing trader using The Funded Trader for your trading requirements, you may want to consider the quick challenge since it does not have a limit on the number of trading days. By taking your trades with sufficient forethought, you will basically increase your chances of making money.
- Maximum balance of standard accounts up to $600,000
- Scaling plan with balance up to $1,500,000
- Arranges exciting events, rewards and competitions
- High leverage for trading forex up to 1:200
- Achievable profit and drawdown targets
- 90% profit split on scaling plan
- Unlimited evaluation free retries
- Large range of trading instruments
- Overnight and weekend holding allowed
- Good variety of challenges to choose from
- Trade on both the MetaTrader 4/5 platforms
- No free trial
- Very strict trading conditions
- Funded with demo account and virtual funds
- Lack of educational content
- Overwhelming rules and restrictions
SurgeTrader have a one-time, non-refundable “audition charge” of $250 for their Starter plan ($25,000 trading balance) and up to $6,500 for their Master plan ($1,000,000 trading balance) which is the first stage in SurgeTrader’s one-step challenge that needs you to “audition” for them. The profit goals for each of these strategies are set at 10%, the daily maximum drawdown is 4%, and the trailing maximum drawdown is 5%.
There is no minimum number of trading days, no 30-day assessment period, and no limit number of individual trades done, even if the maximum daily drawdown may not be useful for swing traders. As long as you don’t break any of the daily or trailing stop loss criteria, you can place trades whenever you like. On Friday at 3:55 p.m. EST, all open positions must be closed, which is not ideal for swing traders.
The 75% profit share is competitive with many other businesses. The platform also offers its users a blog that is often updated, webinars for traders at various levels of experience, and discussion forums where traders may debate the advantages and disadvantages of one another’s trading approaches.
They have a rather complicated scaling strategy, so be sure you fully get it before committing. You choose the account size you are auditioning for before you start your audition. You are given the option to either access the funded account and begin collecting your earnings after meeting the requisite 10% profit objective, or to continue auditioning and strive towards the next higher funding amount by meeting another 10% profit.
There is no option to scale after you have access to the financed account, which is something that appears to have been forgotten.
- Simple, straightforward trading rules
- No minimum trading days
- No 30-day assessment period
- Scale up from $25K all the way to $500K
- One-Time fee with no ongoing costs
- No restrictions on trading strategies
- 1 step evaluation process
- Good choice of trading instruments
- Trade on both MT4/MT5 platforms
- Handy trader dashboard
- Realistic profit target set at 10% of the total account balance
- After passing the audition you will start trading directly on a live account, with real profits and losses taken by the company, no demo accounts
- You will have access to a free 30-day membership with BKForex, which includes daily trading signals, tools, indicators, webinars and more
- Quick withdrawals and no minimum or maximum amount restrictions, which can be requested at any time once a month
- Very generous profit share that goes all the way up to 90%
- Free trial of the audition upon request
- A stop-loss is required for each trade
- All positions must be closed on Friday
- Maximum open size of 1 lot per $10,000 of the account balance
- 5% maximum trailing drawdown
- Low leverage 10:1, 5:1 and 2:1
The City Traders Imperium is presenting a challenge with a maximum period of 6 months for their regular evaluation and 1 year for their classic evaluation test, which removes trading limits but offers you only a 5% margin of error when it comes to drawdown.
You have the option to go through the traditional assessment (1-year evaluation period), with prices ranging from £109 for a trading balance of $2,500 to £649 for a balance of $17,500. As soon as you pass the assessment, which calls for a minimum of 30 active trading days and abiding by all other trading restrictions, these balances are multiplied by four.
A greater profit objective is available if you choose the regular evaluation (6-month evaluation term), which starts at £119 for a $2,500 evaluation trading balance.
|Objectives||Phase I||Phase II|
|Max Time Limit||45 Days||45 Days|
|Min Active Trading Days||10 Days||10 Days|
|Max Daily Drawdown||$4,000||$4,000|
|Max Absolute Drawdown||$10,000||$10,000|
|The Profit Target||$10,000||$5,000|
The platform charges non-refundable fees generally, however if you fail an exam, you receive a 5% discount on your subsequent evaluation. You receive a 10% discount on the subsequent assessment exam you take if you perform poorly on the portfolio manager or direct funded account tests.
In each of these situations, the smallest account simply lets you trade foreign exchange and gold. Indexes are added starting with the second one. Also, all City Traders Imperium accounts have a leverage cap of 1:10, which benefits swing traders.
The Direct Funding programme, which costs £999 for a $20,000 trade balance and up to £3,099 for $70,000 in direct financing, can be what you need if you want to forego the evaluation entirely and just get started with direct funding.
The company believes in training its traders by providing a tremendous amount of assistance and instruction, and their scaling plan doubles your account for every 10% profit objective attained.
Swing traders really benefit from being able to trade during news releases and maintain positions over the weekend, for example. The profit splits begin quite modestly at 50% but can increase to 100% with regular wins.
- City Traders Imperium offers an instant funded trading account
- Funded traders can secure up to $4,000,000 in capital
- One-step evaluation, two-step evaluation, and direct funding programs
- Free retakes and discounts are available if traders fail the evaluation stages
- CTI offers high-quality training materials and courses
- Weekly withdrawals on all funding programs
- Aggressive scaling program (Classic and Standard accounts)
- Scaleable profit split up to 100% on all funding programs
- One year to pass the challenge (Classic evaluation accounts)
- 45 Calendar days to pass each stage of the Day Trading Funding program
- No maximum daily loss rule (Classic and Standard evaluation accounts)
- Some helpful education for traders
- News trading, weekend trading, hedging and expert advisors are allowed
- 5% Drawdown on Classic, Standard, and Direct Funding Accounts
- 30 Active minimum trading days (Classic and Standard evaluation accounts)
- Low 1:10 leverage (Classic and Standard accounts)
- Limited range of assets to trade
- No free trial
In swing trading, a tradable asset is held for one or more days in an effort to benefit from price fluctuations, or “swings,” in the financial markets. Generally speaking, a swing trading position is kept for a shorter period of time than a day trading position, but longer than buy and hold investing techniques, which can be held for months or even years. Either purchasing the asset or short selling it might be done to seek profits. Financial analysts have been proven to use momentum signals (such as the 52-week high/low) when making buy and sell recommendations that may be employed in swing trading.
Swing traders frequently use a set of statistically based objective criteria for buying and selling to remove subjectivity, emotional factors, and labour-intensive analysis from swing trading. The trading rules can be used to develop a trading algorithm or “trading system” that generates buy and sell signals based on technical analysis or fundamental analysis.
The main issue for any swing trading systems is figuring out when to enter and when to leave a transaction. Swing traders can still benefit even if they don’t purchase at the absolute bottom of price fluctuations and sell at the very top. Over time, little, regular profits that follow tight money management guidelines can compound. It is commonly accepted that not every instrument or market circumstance is suitable for mathematical models and algorithms.
The two main kinds of prop traders are day traders and swing traders. They are briefly described as follows:
The day trader seeks to capture minor price fluctuations throughout a single trading session. uses brief time periods for trading and seeks to close off positions before the session is over. Good traders generally make a lot of little profits over time. often requires a lot of time and effort. Just technical analysis is typically used because short-term trading does not benefit from fundamental analysis.
The swing trader maintains positions for days or even weeks in the hopes of catching a significant movement. A limited number of large gains are often seen by successful swing traders. is less stressful than other options because it doesn’t call for regular exchanges. Although fundamental analysis may be used, swing traders prefer to employ technical analysis, especially if they wish to identify a long-term trend.
Prop trading firms may be attractive to a variety of traders. However, because of the low trading frequency, they are particularly appealing to swing traders who place a premium on the amount of each trade’s profit. That being said, swing trading may become challenging or even impossible due to restrictions and limits put in place by prop firms. When seeking to join a prop business as a prop trader, you need to review the terms and conditions of the prop firm to ensure that your trading strategy will not breach any rules.